You're All Grown Up Now

Monday, April 28, 2008 by Amy





It's my cute husband's birthday. He's turning 24 (if he were writing this, he would insist on including some joke on how that would now make me 53 or something). I was going to compose 24 reasons why I'm glad he was born, but I thought I would spare you and keep it to three.

1) He loved me even more (or at least just as much) after he discovered that the only cookbook I had upon entering our marriage was a Star Wars cookbook. I am not even making that up. It takes a real man not to be scared off by the fact that your wife actually has a decent level of interest in making Yoda Soda. He's made up for all of this by being a very good cook in his own right and always makes sure that we don't starve.

2) He taught me how to play golf. It's in his own self interest but, let me tell you, it's taken a high level of patience and skill to accomplish. I used to think that I would rather spend a beautiful summer day shopping or at the pool or something. Now I've realized that cursing loudly and making excuses for my swing is way more fun.

3) We have more obnoxious inside jokes than I ever thought possible. "I don't know percentages." You know what I mean, babe.


I'm pretty lucky to have a guy who is this cool. Happy Birthday, honey, and thanks for being my best friend.

Filed under having  

5 comments:

Kristin said...

You're 24.

Amy and I are 53.

And Craig is 90.

It's awesome. Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jon!
(I know the percentage joke too guys.wink;)

Chelsea H. Taylor said...

hazah! it's your birthday day! i hope this year you live it up 125% percent. or no, 130%. wish we could be there to party.

Emily said...

Happy Birthday! I am sorry Claire cried when you walked in the door today... she is just a little shy!

Craig said...

Happy Bday Jon.

Wait a joke about me being old? Ha ha ha add it to the archives.