No Deal

Friday, April 18, 2008 by Amy















This post is a little bit late, but hey, I'm new at this. We'll just
let it slide.

So, bright and early last Saturday morning, Kris and I headed down to the RC Willey on 2100 South
. Why? Because we were doing something responsible and adult-like, like shopping for a tasteful microfiber sectional?

Nope. Because we were trying out for "Deal or No Deal." Along with about 15,000 other certifiably crazy individuals.

(One side-note: what is it about Utahns, that we get so worked up about getting rich quick and getting on TV? I can't cast stones because I was definitely in that line, but I can say one thing in my defense: I didn't camp out. And trust me, there was an entire tent village.)

Anyway, Kris
and I have had this crazy idea for a while that we want to go on "Deal or No Deal" together. We even worked up a pretty good schtick that we thought would definitely get us on. Until we finally got to the front of the line and got separated into our casting group. Which consisted of a black Vietnam vet, a special-ed school bus driver and a 90 year-old grandma who watches every episode. I'm not even kidding. Who can compete with that?

Needless to say, we were the kids sent crying to the
curb to sit and wait for our ride home (we didn't really cry. but almost.) And thus went a disappointing but extremely entertaining Saturday morning.

(In case you're wondering, yes, the guy in the picture did wait in line with his shirt off for over four hours. And, yes, he did artfully recreate the "Deal or No Deal" logo in black Bic pen on his chest. And, yes, I did pretend like I was making a phone call while taking a picture of him.)

Filed under having  

1 comments:

Kellie said...

Aw shucks - you guys would have been excellent on Deal. Too bad they didn't request references, I'm sure that would have put you over the top.