Today's Love/Hate

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 by Amy



Something I love: new music.
I got the new Weepies album today and am loving my life. There are few things that make me happier than getting new music. My initial impression of this particular album? It's classic Weepies. Makes you feel good without feeling stupid. Honest without being dull. Quirky without being too hip. Should be playing soon in an Anthropologie near you.





Something I hate: Tracy McGrady.
Is it the sneer? Is it the weird shoulder ice pack/underarmor thing he's been sporting? Or is it that jacked-up eye? Trust me, it's all of them. This dude bugs. Now, clearly I am a lifelong Jazz fan, so the fact that we're playing them in the Playoffs definitely contributes to my disdain. All I'm going to say, though, is that anyone who instantaneously reminds you of the crazy hyena on Lion King (think about it... you know he does) deserves to be disliked. Add to that the fact that he can never come through for his team when it really counts (only one point in the fourth quarter of TWO GAMES COMBINED? Really?) and he has more than earned a spot on my "People it might be fun to punch in the face" list.

(Okay, just the fact that he had to pose for this picture makes me feel kind of bad for the guy. But I only take half of it back. Go Jazz.)

Filed under having  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

T-mac ain't no thing. I feel sorry for the dude. He only got a minute rest in the second half and the Jazz have a deep fresh bench for him. Expect another good cry on camera from him when the jazz sweep the rockets this year.

His press conference last night was interesting. He complained that Matt has a "football" mentality and was frustrating the hell out of him. and by the Fourth quarter he had no strength in his legs.
Harpring's awesome. This first round is awesome.

p.s.
I want to punch Scola in the face. I hate that dude. And that chris rock look alike? bunch him in the face too?

Whitney said...

i couldn't agree with you MORE! total hiena. i have a strong dislike for the guy too. but i think i might hate Duncan from the spurs even more. go jazz!!