It's called Friday Fun Lunch

Friday, May 2, 2008 by Amy




Want to get me (or any other of my fellow basement coworkers) really enthused? Just utter the words: Friday Fun Lunch. But I've recently been hearing the question: what makes a lunch qualify as a "Friday Fun Lunch"? Is it magic? Is it genius? Turns out, I've got answers.

1) It has to be in a suitable location. Red Iguana is always preferable. Koko Kitchen or Cafe Rio will do in a pinch. But Rumbi's is straight up not classy enough (not enough velvet back-lit wall hangings, as pictured above).

2) Any topic for discussion is total fair game. Just today we discussed the difference between snuff and chewing tobacco, the mid-90s phenomenon known as "pantsing," and whether it is at all advisable to admit that you think Joan Cusack is hot (that last one wasn't me, I promise).

3) It has to take more than an hour. On principle.


Do you think your office could benefit from a little Friday Fun Lunch? Go for it. Just remember these important guidelines.

* Friday Fun Lunch is a registered trademark. Every time you use it, you owe me (or maybe Kristin) a dollar.

Filed under having  

5 comments:

paul said...

what if it included thai food and an unbillable movie?

i think it counts.

Amy said...

Anytime you can go to a movie during actual work time, you are required to call it "Best Time of Your Life." It's a technicality, really.

I'm jealous.

Monica said...

hey, just wanted to say hi and tell you I peeked at your blog...hope you don't mind! Love your writing...you make me laugh! Book club was fun the other night...can't wait till next time! Now I am off to bluk on Kristin's blog!

Kellie said...

No more Friday Fun Lunches for me now that I'm working at home. I did have some that were quite nice in NY.

Kristin said...

I am told the next Friday Fun lunch is already been chosen by Mark. And mind you, it's only Monday.