Today's Love/Hate

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 by Amy




Something I love: Dwight as Xena


I don't know if it's the hairy legs or the saucepan bra set-up, but this is freaking funny stuff, man. The fact that he kind of pulls it off is both disturbing and awesome. Check out the Entertainment Weekly piece that this came from, where he also impersonates McGyver, Paulie Walnuts from the Sopranos and Captain Picard. Genius.






Something I hate: Indecision

I am not ashamed to say that I have some obsessive tendencies, especially when it comes to making decisions. So, when I tell you that 85% of the conversations I've had with my husband this week have revolved around the roughly 92 million internet reviews I've read about this camera that I want, you shouldn't be surprised. I think I'm driving him absolutely nuts (while eating dinner: "On dpreview.com, though, they said that it didn't perform as well in high ISO situations"... getting in bed: "But then I can't use the prime lens series because the focusing computer isn't in-camera." ETC.) I've been really wanting a DSLR for a while and am getting a little more serious about it in light of our upcoming trip. With my price range and ultimate intentions for the camera, I've narrowed it down to two: the Nikon D60 and the Nikon D80.

But now I am an absolutely crazy person (we're talking crack addict, Gary Busey crazy) trying to make a final decision. I just keep getting sucked in to read yet another review.

Help me?

Filed under having  

8 comments:

Whitney said...

can't stop laughing at dwight!

Anna said...

Thanks for making my day complete. This is freaking awesome.

Also, have fun in Poland!

Jon said...

I have got to give you props for the Gary Busey reference. That is funny, and yes you are driving me crazy

Monica said...

1) you ALWAYS make me laugh...thank you...i needed that today! 2) I am SUPER jealous of your vacation...you deserve it! and 3) go for the D80...you will reget it if you go for the lower model. I love my Nikon, but now want the big one....the D300! Ooooooh, I want it SO bad, just thinkin' about it!!!

Brian Spittler said...

haha gary busey. Im still chuckling. I can totally see the inner torment. I miss you.

Mike and Lauren said...

So I really loved this, and it also made me sick at the same time. Dwight is almost too good at Xena. And so I was wondering if you could post a new thing so I don't see his stomach every time I come to your page... I love you! (and I'm glad Jon's misery is now done since you got your awesome camera!)

Fritz said...

i forwarded those videos to like 20 people. did you see the will arnett ones? equally delightsome.

Anonymous said...

I have the D80 and I really love it. It has taken some really beautiful shots. For the body price and for what you want to do with it, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. Be careful with lenses though. Primes give the best picture. My first was a 50mm. love it. Be extra picky and do your homework if you want to buy a zoom lens.

good luck.