Is this what a hangover feels like?

Monday, June 2, 2008 by Amy

Tired beyond all belief. Arms and legs heavier than you remember them. Lingering impaired judgment.

This weekend was fun.

Jon and I, Kristin and Craig and Emily, Tim and Claire made St. George our tranny nanny this weekend. We were all over it. From pedicures to golf to insane hikes, we were doing it all.

Let's start at Asia Nails.



Now, the name of the place says something before you even walk in the door. Once you're inside, Asia Nails does not disappoint. Great florescent light displays, a flashing lights/music/sound-animated bonsai Ewok village behind the register, a masterful Japanese water scene on the wall behind about 50 pedicure stations... this is where the real magic happens.




Imagine our disappointment when our nail technician turned out not to be Edison (the Asian dude with the over-exaggerated accent who thought it was the funniest joke ever to ask Emily about nine times whether her baby was for sale) but rather this girl.





But she was great. Not only did she do a totally passable job on our pedicures but she also told us about her domestic bliss with her boyfriend of seven years who, and I quote, "always knows exactly what flavor of energy drink she wants." She also tried to make us really jealous by telling us that he brought her a Diet Pepsi at work the other day held by a stuffed koala bear. She was really loading it on. Another funny moment of the pedicure? Realizing that I had chosen a nail color called Fuzzy Navel. Really? Someone needs to fire that nail polish namer. He is really off the rails.






Next, let's move to the pool. If I could sit by the pool and read a book all day, I would be happy. But if you could also toss in a totally adorable baby who went swimming for the first time, I'm totally sold.



Also, we all discovered that we are, in fact, now lame grown-ups who, rather than all jumping in the pool later that night, would rather sit around the edge and put our toes in. Maybe we really do need some alcohol. It was pretty fun, though.





Last stop, Zion's. I love this place. Claire was so cute in her little back-pack. Jon put on three layers of sunscreen (he kind of missed his whole nose-cheeks- ears area the day before). And we all went up the Emerald Pools trail.




Later, Kristin, Craig and I decided to do Angel's Landing which is, in Kristin's words, "a little messed up." But it was all worth it when we hauled ourselves up to the very top and then spent a half an hour up there enjoying the insane views and talking to this young German couple who were there vacationing. We did teach them the word "skanky." It was kind of a proud moment for me.







Anyway, it was a really fun little trip. And now I'm back at work and I'm totally trashed. It's the circle of life.

Filed under , , having  

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Did Amy mention that our pedicure lady was toothless and kept calling her beau "her man?"

Because all that is true.

Emily said...

It has never crossed my mind to sell my baby, let alone sell her on ebay (remember, this was the other part of Edison's really funny joke). I have never even bought anything of ebay. I better get with it and start shopping. See what kind of deals I can get on babies.

Thanks for the fun trip. I will remember it always.

Andy said...

Your trip sounds heavenly!!
Hope to make it to SYTYCD tomorrow..I'm excited to meet the hubbies.