I Might Be a Bad Person

Friday, June 6, 2008 by Amy




Yesterday was a special day. It was Vegas day on So You Think You Can Dance, an event that like-minded SYTYCD fans will know is no small deal. I even convinced my husband to let me pick him up early from work so that I could be properly seated and ready for the festivities when the clock struck seven.

Little did I know that my plans were about to be foiled.

As Jon and I walked from the car to the house, we saw a lady from our ward walking up the street. I tried to hastily wave and keep moving (it was 6:55, man) but it quickly became clear that she was in the mood to talk. Now, let me give you a little context: this lady is kind of crazy. She did make Jon teach her Sunday School lesson once by calling him late Saturday afternoon and telling him that she felt a prompting from the spirit that she shouldn't teach the lesson. So, it should have come as no surprise that she spent the next ten minutes telling us about a little problem she has called a "mold response" that apparently turns her into the Incredible Hulk and has caused her not only to dump her boyfriend in an irrational rage but also to change wards (the other ward meets in a different building with--you guessed it-- less mold). After a while, Jon could tell that I was dying a little bit inside with every minute that passed and graciously figured out a way to wrap up the conversation. I did almost cry, though, when I flew up the stairs and turned on the TV only to see that I had missed seeing crazy popper alien dude dance his last dance.

I think I probably need to get a life. Or at least Tivo. And probably repent.

Filed under having  

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

No just a TIVO. Its solves 80% of your Trials and puts everything into perspective. I'm sad they cut that hip-hop dancer I think his name was Marcus. His mom died and he wore her face on his T. That dude was such a good dancer,I was rooting for him. Wish you guys were close for this show.

Mike and Lauren said...

You are hilarious...I wish I could have watched this.

Andy said...

Oh Amy! You missed alien/jelly man actually quit the show on his own terms. I'm sure they will have him back for the finale which is why we need to get tickets!!! HEHE LOL. --Three offenses in one bad sentence.

Anna said...

Amy, you didn't miss it, and you don't need TIVO either. There's this new-fangled thing called "You Tube" (you may have heard of it). You can basically find anything on there, including alien dancer guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eOxP2BNjtM

p.s. I know you've heard of YouTube. I was just trying to be funny. Key word: trying. :)

Anna said...

Oh, and I TOTALLY know the "lady from our ward" who you're talking about. Your description was spot on.

Emily said...

I made Tim watch it. He wanted to watch the game, but I put my foot down. I am a true SYTYCD fan.

Jenna Theobald Broadbent said...

I had a mold response once. It was from not rotating enough while watching an Anne of Green Gables marathon on PBS.

Kristin said...

I made Craig watch it too, so Tim was in good company. I can't believe the alien quit! I bet he had to go back to his mother ship.

Mer said...

Ha,ha,ha hoo! Okay, so you're not a bad person. We had "one" of those lady's in our Makiki Ward in Honolulu. Whew, she would have made your lady look normal. Let's just say everybody cringed when she bore her testimony on fast sunday.
Moving on to SYTYCD, I showed my dad (he's never seen the show), and we about peed our pants. I don't think he's laughed that hard in a long time. Too much! Well, love your posts, keep in touch.
PS are you able to see our blog? WE went private a while ago. If not could you email me your email addy (the one you use to log into blogger)? I really want to stay in touch! Love ya, Mer :o)

Mer said...

Oh yes you can email me at merdus(at)msn(dot)com! Love you, Mer :o)

Fritz said...

Delightful. While crazy people may make life more difficult, they also make it that much more awesome.

Whitney said...

i cannot tell you how refreshing it is to hear you are a sytycd fan! and i just learned that if i don't want to teach my Sunday school lesson i can use your crazy neighbors trick!

Ali said...

Crazy people are interesting... remind me to tell you the complete saga of Poetry Workshop with Chauncey and the Vegan.

Dan said...

I feel your pain...don't you just wanna strangle people who can't take a hint and let you get back to your freaking business!! anyways very good episode btw.