I'm Glad You Don't Mind That I'm A Lunatic

Friday, February 6, 2009 by Amy

Poor Jon. He thought that our recent move into our fun new apartment (I'll post pictures when it doesn't look like a bomb that blew up at a garage sale) was going to keep me satisfied for more than four days.

Unfortunately, we're learning that I have an infinite capacity to want stuff.

It's not that I'm materialistic. I don't want stuff just to have stuff. But I love projects. And more importantly, I think it keeps me off medication sometimes. Rather than popping a Xanax (I have a sneaky suspicion that I could also love prescription drugs), I arrange furniture in my head. All day. Jon aptly termed it a "healthy fixation."

Which might help to explain why I was almost in tears at Ikea last night when my convoluted explanation of how I would attach the curtains below to a network of exposed piping in our bedroom with imaginary hardware was met with less than the rapturous reaction I was hoping for from Jon.


Sorry, dude. At least now you know what a temper tantrum in Sweden would be like. Taking me out for ice cream afterwards was a really nice touch. Just one more reason I'm glad I married you.

Filed under , , having  

5 comments:

Kellie said...

LOL - I wish I could have been a hidden observer at Ikea. I'm sure whatever you come up with the place will look great.

Emily said...

How is everything going? Can I come over and help? Let me know.

PS- Love the curtains.

Anna said...

Hey, I didn't realize you moved already! We want to come see the new place!

Mike and Lauren said...

You are so funny Amy. At least you can own up to having a "healthy fixation". I can't wait to see the place.

kathy w. said...

Ha! I'm sure your new place looks so so cool. I can't wait to come see.

(Also, the word verification for this comment is "metrap." Is that what we keep falling into when we crave more and more stuff? A 'me trap'? I sound ridiculous, but I could very well be on to something.)