Today's Love/Hate

Monday, October 27, 2008 by Amy


Something I love:

Jon's mad pumpkin carving skills.

So, I was in Phoenix for work all last week. But it was all worth it when I came home and saw this. Jon had cleaned the whole house AND carved me this masterpiece. (One disclaimer: the only thing he had to carve it with was a butter knife. And love.)








Something I hate:

George Lucas

My seven-year old self would hate me for saying it, but it's true. George Lucas has now managed to destroy everything that I cared about in my childhood. I finally saw the new Indiana Jones movie this last weekend. It was almost painful. What, George? It wasn't enough to emasculate Darth Vader, now you have to make Indiana Jones a trite package of visual catchphrases relying heavily on face-melting aliens? Not cool. Somewhere back in 1989, a tear is rolling down my chubby little geek kid face as I play with my exact-to-scale Millenium Falcon.

Filed under having  

8 comments:

Unknown said...

You should let me know next time you're in town. I'm not one of those (many) Mesans who think that Phoenix is WAY too far away to visit. We had a Halloween party on Saturday in Scottsdale. You could have shown off YOUR mad carving skills. For prizes.

Mike and Lauren said...

I am SO happy you wrote a new post! I was hoping when I saw your facebook status updated that you might have blogged...really happy right now Am. I'm excited to see what you end up being on Friday. I love you.

Fritz said...

Oh how I am so with you on the lameness of Lucas. Everything he touches turns to poo. And the pumpkin is genius. Well done, Jon.

Anonymous said...

George is a murderer of my childhood too.

paul said...

Jon hates rudimentary chords.

kathy w. said...

You're back on your blog! Hooray! Tell Jon that I'm very impressed.

Mr. Christopher said...

Me too. "GEORGE! You're not the father of my nerdome. That's impossible."

Whitney said...

first, wow you have an awesome husband! that is so cute with the pumpkin. second, josh completely agrees with you on the lucas front. he feels the exact same way! after we saw the new indiana jones he said the same thing.